Introduction to grinding wheel in grinding processing
Using a grinding wheel on a grinding machine can improve the machining accuracy of workpieces. Grinding is mainly used for processing structural steel, highly hardened quenched steel, and carbide. Common […]
Using a grinding wheel on a grinding machine can improve the machining accuracy of workpieces. Grinding is mainly used for processing structural steel, highly hardened quenched steel, and carbide.
Common types of grinding machines include cylindrical grinding machines, internal grinding machines, surface grinding machines, and centerless grinding machines. Grinding machines are characterized by high spindle speed, hydraulic transmission system, ensuring smooth transmission and high precision.
Grinding processes on a grinding machine can encompass cylindrical surfaces (internal and external), stepped end faces, flat surfaces, as well as grinding of threads, gear profiles, splines, and keyways.
The grinding wheel is the cutting tool used in grinding operations. It consists of numerous small abrasive grains bonded together by a binder. The characteristics of the grinding wheel depend on the properties and composition ratios of the abrasive and binder.
- Abrasive: The abrasive is the main raw material of the grinding wheel. It has sharp edges, high hardness, heat resistance, and a certain degree of toughness. Common abrasives are listed in the table below.
- Grit size: Grit size refers to the size of the abrasive particles. The particle size is indicated by a grit number, where a larger number represents a smaller particle size. Micro grit indicates finer particle sizes and is represented by the letter “W.” A smaller micro grit number indicates a finer particle size.
- Binder: The strength, impact resistance, heat resistance, and corrosion resistance of the grinding wheel depend primarily on the properties of the binder.
- Hardness: The hardness of the grinding wheel refers to the ease with which abrasive grains on the surface of the wheel dislodge under external forces. If the abrasive grains are easily dislodged, the wheel has low hardness, while a wheel with high hardness retains the abrasive grains more firmly.
- Structure: The structure of the grinding wheel refers to the tightness or looseness of its composition.
Yize Mold is a professional manufacturer of precision grinding machines, providing various processing services for high-speed steel, tungsten carbide, and ceramics. We have processing equipment such as cylindrical grinding machines, internal grinding machines, surface grinding machines, centerless grinding machines, and optical profile grinding machines. Feel free to inquire for more information.
I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I do not know who you are but certainly you're going to a famous blogger if you aren't already ;) Cheers!
October 22, 2023